Dumfries Saints 1st XV Head Coach
Roles and Responsibilities
- To lead the coaching team responsible for the senior squad & U18’s
- Plan the coaching programme for the season.
- Plan, prepare and deliver individual coaching sessions for the Clubs senior squad.
- Ensure that all sessions are designed to develop the skills and understanding of the players in your squad.
- It is expected that the Coach will have the required level of knowledge to enable the players to achieve their potential. Preferably UKCC level 2 or higher.
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players.
- Attend all coaching sessions, matches involved with the Clubs senior squad.
- Mentor and advise assistant coaches and players where appropriate.
- Provide feedback to coaches, players and appropriate Dumfries RFC committees.
- Provide leadership – Head Coach sets an example and standards for the coaching team and squad. As such HC will need to be able to inspire the coaching team and players to ensure that all involved maximize their potential. HC may need to make difficult decisions about selection of players, standards of coaching etc.
- The Head Coach should have a sound understanding of the SRU performance pathway for players.
- Delegation – Head Coach needs to be able to delegate agreed responsibilities to the assistant coaches to ensure that they feel valued and their expertise is used effectively.
- Submit to Manager and/or Committee at season end, detailed document on progress, development and concerns of senior playing squad.
- Attend and embrace all SRU CPD opportunities within reason to continue and enhance self improve.