Dumfries Youth Development Manager
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000
Fixed Term: 18 Months
37 hours per week
Dumfries RFC seeks to appoint a committed Youth Development Manager who will be responsible for developing, supporting and delivering a thriving positive rugby culture that feeds through local schools into Dumfries Saints Rugby Club.
Working in partnership with local schools and the club they will lead the CPD of coaches, teachers and volunteers.
They will deliver Youth Coaching, oversee Youth Coach and Youth Player Development at Dumfries Saints and manage the Dumfries Saints Youth Academy.
They will deliver Schools Coaching, manage a Sessional Coaching Budget and lead a team of Sessional Coaches delivering rugby sessions to local schools.
Working in partnership with the Council’s Sports Development team you will report to a club management group.
- Maintain Dumfries Rugby T3 Club Conference statutes
- Manage the Dumfries Rugby Youth Academy.
- Develop the relationship with local schools and ensure the secondary school [aly in the D&G Secondary Schools T4 Conference structure
- Deliver high quality coaching sessions to club and associated cluster schools and community groups, linking back to Scottish Rugby’s Blue Print.
- Organise and facilitate opportunities for developing club coaches.
- Assist with recruitment, retention and development of all club volunteers.
Closing Date: Friday 21st April, 2017.
For a detailed discussion contact either Donald Brown, Club Treasurer 07528558639 – or Glen Tippett, Schools and Youth Manager – Scottish Rugby 07764178913
For a role profile and job description, please contact Donald on firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your CV and covering letter of no more than 500 words, outlining your suitability for the position to Donald at the address above.
Interview Date: Friday 28th April, 2017